My boyfriend and I just got back from court he has never…

Customer Question
Hi there, my boyfriend...

Hi there, my boyfriend and I just got back from court he has never been involved in the court system, this is his first offence. The victim did not show up and has made no contribution ( he is a drug dealer and doesn’t want to be involved) the charge was lowered to common assault whoch all three accused pleaded guilty. since the incident he has moved out of that city completed volunteer hours as well as an anger management program. His sentencing is june 1, there was no serious bodily harm it was a fight between guys that happens all the time. what are the chances of him going to jail?

Lawyer's Assistant: What was the conviction for exactly? Have all appeals been exhausted?

It was for uttering threats and assault causing bodily harm but the crown consented and has been lowered today because the victim has not shown up and is not common assault that all 3 pleaded guilty too

Lawyer's Assistant: In what province did the assault occur?

Ontario

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that is everything we just want to be sure jail time is off the counter and what the possibilities are

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Canada Law
3/21/2018
Lawyer: Daniel Freudman, Lawyer replied 3 months ago

Does he have any criminal record?

How bad were the injuries?

Does he have a job, or go to school?