I got married to a woman in Dominican republic. I am in the…

Customer Question
HiI got married to...

HiI got married to a woman in Dominican republic.
I am in the process of sponsoring her.Is there a legal document that i could have her sign where she relinquishes any rights she may have to the property that I own. The property is a Triplex located in Chateauguaybest regardsGian Carvajal

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a Dominican lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None I live in Canada

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Canada Law
3/20/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

What province do you plan on living in Canada?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Quebec

You and your spouse can sign a marriage contract.

It should be prepared by a family lawyer in Quebec.

Your spouse will have to get independent legal advice from another family lawyer in Quebec to ensure the agreement is later considered to be binding.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Debra, Lawyer