Derege Lemma. BC, Burnaby. Its about the Driving License, I…

Customer Question
Derege Lemma Lawyer's Assistant:...

Derege Lemma

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

BC, Burnaby

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Its about the Driving License, I have Alberta Driving License, I need to change it to BC license, but they are not willing to change, so I have problems getting Heir by the companies....etc

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Canada Law
3/19/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this. What is the reason why they are saying that you cannot get a BC licence?

I had the Driving licence since 1994 I have all records history but I left Canada since 2010 and back 2016, my Driving licence expire 2015. so they ask me the driving Abstract from Africa which they don't have any idia about abstract I cannot find any recurred from Ethiopia, so I explain to them even ask the Ethiopian embay they told me they cant help me. any way I went Alberta (Grande Peary) they give me class to attend Truck school and I get the Class 1 last year, now I return to BC and gat Job I been working in BC for 9 month some times police told me working in BC without BC Driving licence is not legal, So I need help to solve the problames,

Why can't you take the driver's test then?

I don't mind to take the test, they ask me to get Driving Abstract from Ethiopia,

I am not able to speak on the phone.

Just tell them it is not possible and you will start from the beginning and take all tests they require. You don't need to prove you have been driving before if you are willing to take the tests.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

I understand your answer but, if I start to get the Driving licence from the bigning, I will lose all my Driving history, no expriance, it’s important for me to keep my Driving licence, I have more than 20 years expriance in Ontario for commercial Driving 7 years in Ethiopia with the same driving license steal valid, the Ontario Driving Licence is replaced by Ethiopian Driving Licence in english it’s not complicated the Driving licence show that its copped from Ontario Driving licence so what they need is driving record from Ethiopia, which they don’t do Driving record in Ethiopia. I explained to the office, they can even ask the embassy. the only thing I don’t want to go back ontario, the transportation by low in BC is not the problame the problame is people working in the office, they don’t want to understand it. I give them 10 years Driving record and history from Ontario. Actually they need 3 years. If any problem with my Driving licence I will take responsible,I been working ethiopia for transportation companies, I give to ICBC shows that I have 6-7 years working with them with no accident but what they need is from the minister of transportation in Ethiopia, which is impossible because they don’t have any clues about the driving record.

Perhaps you can have a lawyer in Ethiopia provide a letter stating there is no governmental record but that he/she has reviewed the facts, your employment record and can assure them that you drove all this time.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?