I have applied for pr as LICG and also sponsored my husband.

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** I have applied for pr as LICG and also sponsored my husband . Is th

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

My application was received on December 20 ,2016 and I haven’t received my pr yet .

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

Is there anything that a lawyer could do so the immigration finalize my application?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Canada Law
3/19/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

What is your specific question please?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would like to know if a lawyer could help me in anyway so the immigration department would finalize faster my application.
It has been 15 months since the ya they received it.

CIC makes it clear that your application will be processed by December 2018. There is no need to pay a lawyer unless you feel you have made errors in your application. A lawyer cannot make the process go faster.

Does that help?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I hired a paralegal to help me with the application.
In the website it says that the proccesing timeline is 12 months .
Am I right ?
They received my application on December 20 ,2016 .
Thank you for your time !

That is not what is says for the LICG program if you applied before October 1, 2017. It says this:

Live-in caregivers

Before October 1, 2017

We will process your application by December 31, 2018.

We plan to process applications we received before October 1, 2017 by December 31, 2018. Your application may take longer to process if it is complex.

Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 30 days ago

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Debra, Lawyer