Caught under DUI. Alberta edmonton. Got licence suspended…

Caught under DUI Lawyer's...

Caught under DUI

Lawyer's Assistant: What province is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Alberta edmonton

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Got licence suspended waiting for for court

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing much to say

3/19/2018

What exactly is your question?

Perhaps if you request a phone call it would be easier to discuss your matter.

Alberta
For how long will they suspend my licence
On first offence.
For your first offence, there is a mandatory license suspension of one year, followed by an ignition interlock. There is also a minimum $1,000 fine. If you complete an educational course (on drunk driving) then you may be able to reduce the suspension time to allow you to drive before the 12 months driving prohibition has expired, albeit with the interlock device installed in the vehicle.
Hopefully that answers your questions.
Phone call session started
Is there any chance i can get my licence back since i want it for work
Unfortunately you cannot get your license back before the minimum prohibition time has expired, even if you require it for work. For policy reasons, the state treats drunk driving offences very seriously and allows for minimal discretion in sentencing, with several mandatory punitive measures such as the fine, prohibition and ignition interlock.
Hopefully that is of assistance