This is a good reply. My other question is that the papers…

Customer Question
Hello this is a good...
Hello this is a good reply.
My other question is that the papers was pronounced without the knowledge of the father in never 2016 and filed in the court January 2017 and no one told him about it till now. He got a call from the Maintance Enforcement program about past payment and just got the papers. The woman in question has all his contact information but did not contact him. All proceeding toke place without his knowledge and he has being in contact with the lady all this while. Also any suggestion on how to proceed as this is not fair
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Canada Law
3/18/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

The father will have to bring an application to the court to set aside the order that was obtained by default. In other words, as he was not served he could not defend and he needs a chance to defend.

The Court will most assuredly set aside the order and given him a chance to put in a reply to the documents and have his day in Court.

As soon as the order is set aside the father has to send MEP documentation proving the order was set aside.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?