What happens if I send a registered letter to a tenant for…

What happens if I...

What happens if I send a registered letter to a tenant for not paying rent? And they don't leave?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Manitoba

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

No lease. They've kept the outside reasonably well

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The husband has been in and out of jail Ihave been told

3/18/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

What you have to is send the tenant a notice of eviction.

Then, if they don't leave you would have to apply for an order for eviction.

Then if he would not leave the police, bailiff or sheriff (depending on your city) would then remove him and his belongings for you.

Here is a link to the information you will need:

http://www.gov.mb.ca/cca/rtb/ot/gbook/s7noticeoftermination_nbyllnonpaymentrent6.html

You will see exactly what you have to do and when.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

It's so good to get an answer. Now I feel more confident. 5 stars for sure
Marion Muir

You are very welcome.

Please be sure to click on the stars at the top of the page so the site sees the rating.

Thanks and take good care.

Debra, Lawyer