I got seperated last year and i signed over house to my

Customer Question
Hi, I got seperated...

Hi, I got seperated last year and i signed over house to my spouse so my kids could still

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No, however they was a loan that was in both of us name which i signed that i signed to pay part off.now my spouse re mortgage the house and include the loanon t

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by province. What province are you in?

Ontario. as i was saying my spouse include the loan in the mortgage with she and her new boyfriend and she still wants me to continue to pay for the loan which she include in the mortage with her new boyfriend. Im i still liable to pay.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, Im paying $800.00 in child support my yearly salary is $50,000.00 I would like to know how much i should be paying.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Im still waiting for an answer.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Canada Law
3/17/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Is there a separation agreement dealing with the division of assets?

No
I still did not get an answer.
I still did not get an answer

This is not an instant chat.

I need to understand what happened with all the assets and the debt given you signed of the house to your spouse.

My spouse take the asset and pay off the debt

But I am asking if there are other assets. Are there bank accounts, RRSPs, investment accounts, other properties etc?

There are no other assets. There are rrsp but no other properties .

So is it the case that without legal advice or legal documentation you simply agreed to sign transfer title to your spouse and your spouse was to take the loan at the same time but now they increased the loan which is in your name as well?

The title was not transfer yet it's in the process I have not signed it off. She wants to put the house in hers and the boyfriend name by doing that she increase the mortgage to cover the loan with the asset from the house.Part of that asset should be mind or should cover my portion of the loan.

None of this is making sense to me yet.

Please let me know if both names were on title when you separated.

If so how much was the house worth then?

What was the mortgage then?

both name is ***** ***** I only signed an agreement to give her the house. The house was bought for $216,000.00 the balance is at $206,000.00. The house was appraised at $240,000.00. The joined loan is $30,000.00.

Can I see a copy of what you signed please?

And are you saying since you separated she has caused you to go further in debt because she increased the joint loan?

No I'm not further in debt I'm still paying my portion of the loan. However when the house is transfer to she and the boyfriend she well put the balance of the loan on the new mortgage that she increase from the asset of the house and by doing that she still want me to continue to pay my portion of the loan. I'm not at Home right now so I can't sent you a copy of the agreement.

I will wait until I get a copy of the agreement as I am sure the answers will be in there.

Ok I will get it you tomorrow.

OK