I am paid commission with no written agreement -I have found…

Customer Question
I am paid commission...

I am paid commission with no written agreement -I have found out my employer is deducting all my holiday/stat pay from my wages before payment-is this right? She has called me full time but i only work 2/ 3 days a week-she does not issue me any paystub. I have worked before for other offices and this seems very unorthodox.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this wage-and-hour issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Not as of yet I don't want to lose this job if it is actually legal.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Not a union employee.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not sure what information would be required except that I have always been paid holiday pay/stat pay on top of commission payment-at all other employment.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Thank-you- Just so you are aware this would be Saskatchewan Canada labour laws.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Canada Law
3/18/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

But I don't really understand the facts. What do you mean when you say the employer is deducting holiday pay?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!