Renting a pad in a trailer park and own the trailer.(BC)

Renting a pad in...

Renting a pad in a trailer park and own the trailer.(BC) owner is in Hospice care. can the park owners refuse to sell the trailer to new owners.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has the owner taken so far? Have they prepared or filed any paperwork?

Trailer owners or park owners?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Sechelt on Sunshine Coast

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am an old friend of the woman who is the executor of estate and one of two with power of attorney.

a realestate agent who listed a trailer 4 pads farther on appraised the trailer at $50,000. give or take. the park owners so it has issues and has to be taken away.
the trailer looks exactly like the trailers on either side of it minus some landscaping.
Answered in 1 day by:
3/18/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear that it sounds like there may be a difficult situation.

But I don't understand the facts.

Who died?

Why would the park owner have any say in whether the trailer is sold?

The owner of the trailer will have a doctor assisted death early next week.

Then the trailer becomes the property of the estate and the executor can do with the trailer what the owner could have done while alive.

I don't see why the park owner would have any right to stop the sale unless they had that right during the owner's life.

Does that make sense?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

I’m in BC Canada

Yes I know. You provided that information when you posted the question initially.

I am a lawyer in Canada.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Debra, Lawyer