Can I change my visitor visa to student visa while I am in…

Can I change my...

Can I change my visitor visa to student visa while I am in Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

None yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the student visa?

I am chatting with one now

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this time, may be later

3/16/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry for the confusion in terms of the initial discussion. That was a greet bot and not a person. I am a lawyer in Canada.

You cannot apply for a study permit from within Canada as a visitor.

You will need an offer of enrollment and then leave Canada to apply for the study permit.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Debra, Lawyer