I made the mistake of going to a sleep clinic for snoring,

Customer Question
I made the mistake...

I made the mistake of going to a sleep clinic for snoring, they made me sleep over and said that I need a sleep abnea machine. I tried the machine for a few nights and found it very uncomfortable so I returned it. Now they have ratted me out to my family doctor and he says that if I don’t go back and use the machine they can take my drivers license away. Had I known about this I would have never agreed, I was never notified about the consequences and didn’t sign anything. I have to go for an appointment today (this afternoon) and don’t want to be pushed back onto the machine. I need help please

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I’m in Ontario Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None, I used the machine for a couple of days and found it unbelievably uncomfortable

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don’t think they should be able take results of my tests and make them public knowledge without any consent. I went to a doctor to address a snoring problem that I have never had complaints about before and now this doctor is blackmailing me

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Canada Law
3/15/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Is your family doctor going to send in a report to the MTO?