I was terminated for not putting up with someone who was…

I was terminated for...

I was terminated for not putting up with someone who was hollering and screaming, cussing and swearing in my face at work. My bosses did not do anything about it and the finger was pointed at me as being "insubordinate". I was suspended for about 2 weeks, at the meeting with HR reps i was terminated. Worked for this company for about 29.5 years. Grievance was filed with my union but is not going anywhere.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Being represented by my union rep.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Yes, union member.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

At the time of the bullying, the day, i left the plantsite, could not put up with it anymore.

3/15/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Has your union filed a grievance?

this has gone on for close to s year now.

There is a typo. When were you dismissed?

Just about a year ago, April 11/17

So what is happening in terms of the grievance process?

Are you feeling the union is no representing you fairly?

After close to a year, what am I to think? Are you in Canada or the US?

I am in Canada.

If you believe they are not representing you fairly then your next step would be to file a complaint of unfair representation with the labour board. Your union owes you a duty of fair representation and they could be liable to you for damages if they breach this duty.

You cannot go after the employer yourself or you already would have. It sounds like it very well may be the case that you are being harmed because the union is not doing what they are required to do.

So I think you next step is to consult face to face with a labour lawyer.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Debra, Lawyer