Educator. Every 5 years I need yo renew my license with the…

I am ECE Diploma...

I am ECE Diploma Educator. Every 5 years I need yo renew my license with the ECE registry in Victoria. My license had been expired since May 28th 2017. They didn't like the way I completed my 40 hours of work shops so they delayed and questioned my character under Section 22 with the Children licensing. Loosing my job and forcing me to use my tax savings dollars to live. On January 1, 2018 the department asked me yo put in a new applicaton in . So I did following everything and providing another 40 hours of work shops and 1 reference plus adding additional one. I been doing this since 1988. I had no problems with renewing my licenses before. My question. Can I sue them for destroying my life well being , wait and most of the time they are not in the office or take my call? And being unemployed and childcare centres are all in crisis to find qualitified teachers as myself, we are not even able to practice? What should I do next? Eve registry should be ashamed of themselves and my opinion. All fired.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Will employee

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes every time I phone you registry they not in the office or say I am still interested review.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I loss my first job on May 28.2017. I was forced to quit and so I took another job. They layed me off 3 months later because of no license. Here I thought all this time. It would never a easy fix to give them other work shops to replace the ones they disappoved. So I did. No reply on how to fix my license application. Except on January 1, they asked me to do the whole process all over again. They had my application since January 26. It usually takes 4 or 5 weeks . They are on February 22 now. Except mine. Still sitting on the assessment desk and no one looking at it.
3/14/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

When they said you did not meet the requirements did you appeal this decision?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Their process response to me is that they were reviewing my application and questioning my character. All year , I asked the department what they wanted me to do they never gave me instructions on how to proceed to correct this to get my license back. Instead Dave stringing me along all year and tell him he is being reviewed and assessed. Until January this year then they gave me proper instructions to do it all over again. I payed over $300 lin workshops ater with my own money and being unemployed I took the 41 hour workshops again ask my ex workplace on filling my application agsin. I followed everything to the T every detail was done. I was so confident that I was going to get my application approved quickly and get my license back but they still haven't even looked at it. And I had four job offers in one day in Jan . I got accepted all four of them took one of course, I start my new job April 2nd and I might lose that one too. I am in high demand in my field.

Are you saying that they never denied you the renewal but just delayed and delayed and questioned you but never gave a firm denial or answer at all?

That is appalling and I am shocked to hear this. It certainly impacts on your livelihood and your reputation and so yes I do think there are sufficient ground to sue for the harm they have caused you and continue to cause you.

I suggest that you have a lawyer send them a demand letter threatening a lawsuit if they don't make a decision and also compensate you for damages.

If that doesn't work you can sue for an order that they make a decision and for compensation.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am just scared that by feeling intimidation and disempowered. and the way they mistreated me they might take my license completely away forever, if I challenge them by suing them.

I understand but a court will not allow this and either will a lawyer which is why I am suggesting you don't do this on your own.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you Debra for your advice! I will see how I can afford to sue the BC government of abusing their power. They have starved financially already. I will rate you too.

You can sue them for up to $50K in Small Claims Court so you can essentially pay a lawyer to do a letter and then sue them and self-represent.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok because that is what I loss in a years work.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What kind of lawyer do I look for?

You would look for a lawyer that does administrative law.

Debra, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I just have to get enough nerve to find a lawyer and do it.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where do I take you? Thank you again.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry rate you?

Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry Debra I wanted to give you a tip. Once I am back too work. I will. Thank you again.

I do not expect one in the least. If you were asked to provide this it was by the site and not me.

Thanks again.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Update, I took your advice and I contacted a lawyer and plus I called about my license again. Still no one has looked at it since Jan 26. I start my new job pending on April 2nd. Hopefully I received my new expiry date for my Diploma. If not, I will ask my lawyer to write a letter. The last time I heard from the registry is Jan when they asked me to put my application in over again. So I did perfectly. This is why I felt so confident that they can't say no to this new application and Grant to renew my Diploma and I can put this nightmare behind me starting a new job in April 2nd. May loose this one too if I don't have my license. Thanks again for your assistance.

Please keep me posted.

Debra, Lawyer