I hope you can help. My daughter now aged 22 wishes to work…

Customer Question
Hello. I hope you...

Hello. I hope you can help. My daughter now aged 22 wishes to work and live in Canada. In 2008 we emigrated as a family (when she was a minor) and returned without fulfilling our residency requirements of living there. If she travels to Canada on a holiday visa and then wishes to appeal the fact that she lost her PR status due to her parents' decision (rather than her own) do you think that she will be successful? will she be able to order a replacement PR card during this appeal process and live temporarily as resident (and able to work/receive health care during this time) as I believe she still has PR technically as this as it doesn't expire/ What is the position for her now as an adult? If that makes sense? I would be SO grateful for a response. She has been accepted for a temporary residents visa (2yrs) but has to decide if she wishes to renounce her PR first in order to further process this.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

We're from the UK

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

HOw much is the service/

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Debra, Lawyer
I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.Is your daughter a skilled worker?Or is your daughter able to continue her studies in Canada?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!