What would be a first time offence for someone that supplied…

What would be a...

What would be a first time offence for someone that supplied alcohol to a minor?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Newfoundland and labrador

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Person was unaware that the other person was underage

3/14/2018

Section 76 of the LIQUOR CONTROL ACT does not prescribe a specific fine for this offence. As such, you could argue that a very minor fine is appropriate since it's your first offence and you were unaware the person was underage. If you agree to plead guilty and the court sees you're taking responsibility for your actions, the fine imposed may only be a few hundred dollars.

It is important to note that the Liquor Control Act isn't a criminal statute, and as such, even if convicted you would not have a criminal record.

Hopefully that answers your question.

Hopefully that answers your question. If so, would you kindly provide me with a positive rating so I can receive credit for my services. Thank you.