I have a question concerning airport custums. Florida. It’s…

I have a question...

I have a question concerning airport custums

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It’s a long question

3/13/2018
Zoey_JD
Zoey_JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please type your question, so that we can understand what you need to know.

Hi Joey. I recently booked a flight from Miami to London uk. In 2015 I had flown to the uk via air canada, with a connection in Toronto. I was detained and held in Toronto over night because I had previously had a felony dwi (3 arrests in 10 years) and wasn’t allowed to enter Canada. After paying $300 I was allowed to leave the next day and had to book a return flight on another airline. I am a USA citizen and had permission from probation officer to leave on trip. Looking at my passport I see that customs officer in Canada hand wrote two set of numbers on the customs stamp. One beginning with letter “p” and one with letter”m”. I am asking if this stamp will flag me for scrutiny?

Thanks. I am going to opt out of this question, which involves Canadian Customs. I would not know what their notations are about. I'll have a moderator move this to Canada law.

Debra, Lawyer

I am sorry that this happened to you.

Was the $300 for a multiple entry temporary resident permit?

I believe so

What that means is that for now you can show the permit and will not have any problems passing through the airport again.

You won't face any further or additional problems when coming back through Toronto.

But your file will be red-flagged not that this will matter as your criminal record will come up each time.

If you want to enter Canada again later on I can explain what you can do so let me know if you want this additional information.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

The problem I am facing is that I have yet to secure permission from probation dept in Florida as it appears I will have to court to obtain it. I am not going through Canada this time I am flying directly to London. I am asking if this customs stamp on my passport from Canada will be red flagged in London?

It could because it will show you have the TRP.

The TRP is for Canada. Will I’m care about that?
Will uk care ?

They will not care about the TRP but they will care about your criminal record.

Thank you for your help today. Very helpful. Good job

You are very welcome.

Please be sure to rate me before you leave so that I can credit for my work.

Thanks and take good care.

Debra, Lawyer