I have a question about temporary work permits for foreign…

I have a question...

I have a question about temporary work permits for foreign companies installing their products in Saskatchewan. Can you help

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Turtleford, Saskatchewan. We need to send two of our workers along with the heating equipment for commissioning work. There will be some hands-on tasks to perform in order to assemble the system and start it up. We do not want to have to rely solely on helpers from our customer on site. One of our team is a German citizen the other is an American citizen. Our company is situated in Germany.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

You will be paying them and not the Canadian company, correct?

Correct our employees are paid by us.

Then your employees are not entering our workforce. They are not able to get work permits as there is no Canadian employer making a job offer.

Rather they are considered to be business visitors and do not need work permits. But they have to be able to prove this at the border.

Please read all this information:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/business.html

They should have a letter from you and also a copy of a letter you get from the company in Sask explaining what they are needed for and for how long they will remain etc.

Does that clarify the issue?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Thank you for your answer. I have read the Canadian immigration information on their sire I was just not sure If I understood it correctly. We will issue a letter listing the tasks to be performed and the duration of our employees stay which will be under 15 days. We will also ask our customer to do the same. If I understand you correctly this should enable our workers to perform minor hands-on installation and start-up work.I believe that answers my question in full. Thanks again.

Yes that is all correct.

Please be sure to rate me now that we are done so that I can receive credit for my work.

Thanks and take good care.

Debra, Lawyer