My husband an I live in a basement suite in a rental 2

Customer Question
Hi Pearl My name...

Hi Pearl My name is ***** ***** my husband an I live in a basement suite in a rental 2 family, can my landlord have certain rules as to quality of life for tenants? My landlord says she can do nothing concerning the noise in the evening

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

This is British Columbia Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We did have to phone police one time and asked the landlords if there was something she could do for our relief at least three times

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes it's a non smoking house and the tenants smok cigarettes and week continuously where our bedrooms and bathroom are located and we get the smell and it is now getting harder to get rid of the smell

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Canada Law
3/13/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you saying the other tenants are disturbing you?

they are very noisy tenants we don’t mind the noise during the day it’s in the evening when we want to relax, this noise is though out our suite but especially in our bedroom and this can continue until 3 am
This is not a good time right now Debra after 10pm will be best or what is convenient for you btw nice to meet you

Are you asking about a phone call?

no

Do you want to continue online or not?

I prefer online please

Have you complained in writing to the landlord or only verbally?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.Thanks!