MY ex husband passe away without a will. Thrre are three…

MY ex husband passe...

MY ex husband passe away without a will. Thrre are three grown up childrenand a grandaughter. to whom would the estate go to? And what are the procedures for settling the estate.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

INnBritish Columbia, Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There is a condo involved in the estate.

3/13/2018
Debra, Lawyer
I am sorry for your loss.Is there anything in your separation agreement or judgement they gives you any claim to the estate yourself?
There is in the divorce paper, that I would get 1/2 of the money received for the sale of the condo.

Then you would get that off the top.

The rest rest of the estate would go to the three children equally. The granddaughter would only inherit if her parent had died before your ex-spouse.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Debra, Lawyer