When I was 16 I had an incident with CAS where a worker

claimed they saw me slap...
When I was 16 I had an incident with CAS where a worker claimed they saw me slap one of the youth in my group from camp. Because of which I lost my job. There was no proof and everything was dropped on my side. Not sure what happened, I was told she broke a lot of rules by one 1. Walking up to me and 2. By going up to the “abused” child. There’s a lot more to the story I just want to know if I have grounds to sue. It’s something that really has affected me personally. I’m just getting out of the depression now. I feel the worker should be pay for the discomfort she has caused, but understand in the world of law feelings really don’t matter. I’m 22 now if that means anything
3/12/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

She didn't break any rule by going up to you or by interviewing the child. In fact the CAS worker had a legal obligation to do both.

And it is almost impossible to sue the CAS successfully even if you could sue. But you cannot. As you had to sue within 2 years of your turning 18 years old because of the limitation period so it is much too late to sue anyway.

I am sorry I had to be the bearer of such bad news.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Debra, Lawyer
Debra, Lawyer