Canada bc. I need legal advice

Hello Pearl, Lawyer's Assistant:...

Hello Pearl,

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Canada bc

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I need legal advice.

3/11/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear that it sounds like you may be in a difficult situation.

Please let me know what the facts are and then your specific question.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello Bebra
I am in Canada British Columbia. I had a car accident but the insurance company (Insurance Corporation of British Columbia)
refused to pay for all the costs to repair my vehical so I appealed to the Civic Resolution Tribunal of British Columbia (CRTBC).
The defendant (ICBC) said that I could not appeal for this because I was the third party not the registered vehical owner.
I was driving my wife's car and some one hit the rear bumper.
We are at the nagotiate platform now and will have a teleconference on 21st Mar.
What should I do?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will call you a little later.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a very solid evidence to support this appeal.
It would not allow me to call you at this moment but if you can answer my questions in this message I will pay you $79.00.
Is it ok for you to do that?

I am very happy to continue online.

Are you saying they said it is your wife that must appeal and if so why doesn't she?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Debra,
Sorry to reply you late because I can't check and reply my personal emails with the computer at work.
I thought that I involved in the accident with her car and did not know it that the vehical registered owner supposed to file the appeal. I filed the appeal last December 2017 with my name. Can I add her to it?
Thank you.

Yes you can but if she is out of time to appeal then you will need consent of the CRTBC first.

I suggest you contact them right away and ask if you can simply add her name or whether you need to formally apply to them and see what they say.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The CRTBC case manager said that they can add my wife to it with amend application after the teleconference with the defendant, CRTBC (the case manager) and me on 21st March. The CRTBC wants to know if we could reach the settlement on that date. As I told you I have a very solid evidences for this appeal. My question is would the laws allow my wife, the vehical registered owner and me, the witness involved in this accident, to join together to appeal? would the Court or CRTBC consider this too?

Yes, you both should be able to appeal and appeal jointly.

So as they seem agreeable to allowing you to add your spouse's name that seems like this will work out fine and the decision will then be made on the merits which is what you want.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much for helping me!
I feel very strong to fight with this insurance giant.
May I pay you and get back to you for farther help?

You don't actually pay me. The site pays me a portion of what you paid them when you rate me positively (the stars are at the top of the page).

And for sure I will be here for you if you need me again.

Debra, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks again!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Debra,
I found this that was written by the UBC law students.
Please read it when you have time to see if they are apply to my ICBC Dispute.
Thanks,
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry I did not copy the link.
Here is http://www.lslap.bc.ca/uploads/2/9/3/5/29358111/12_-_auto_insurance_-_2017_final_draft.pdf
Thanks again,

I cannot read that document. I am sorry about that.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That is ok.
I will let you know the results of the teleconference tomorrow.

OK

Thanks!

Debra, Lawyer