I live in Toronto, can anything be done about a small dog…

I live in Toronto, can...
I live in Toronto, can anything be done about a small dog barking in a house? legally
I don't need a trainer I need leagal advise!!
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/11/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you a neighbour that is being disturbed or are you worried about the treatment of the dog. Your options depend on your concern.

Thanks

Hi Debra, just wanted to know if my neighbour can do anything legally about my Poodle barking in my house I have put a bark collar on him but somtimes I forget, I don't beleive he barks constantly because I don't hear anything when I come home, this woman has been complaining about my dogs since she moved in 5 years ago, I have curbed their outside barking by bringing them in the house as soon as they start, she has called the ospca on me so many times that they refuse to come so now she sends her boyfriend over complaining about the poodle one time I had an argument with her and asked why the barking of other dogs in the neighbourhood don't bother her she replied that only mine do so I think she has it in for me.

If your dog is breaching a noise by-law then she can file a complaint with by-law enforcement.

She can also call the police if they are disturbing her.

She could also sue you and seek an order that you stop your dogs from barking or remove them from the home and for damages. The reason why she can do this is she is entitled to peaceful enjoyment of her home and she may be able to take the position successfully that this is actual a nuisance which is a tort which is a civil wrongdoing.

So it would be best to try and either stop your dog from barking or prove that it is not possibly disturbing her but that she is singly you out to harm you for some personal reason.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

the dog is in my house not around my house it's a solid brick bungalow and no one else is complaining, she had constrction all summer even on week ends and I didn't complain when I had to keep my windows closed and I didn't complain when she had a party till well after midnight and I couldn't sleep so what your saying is she can make all the noise and just because my dog barks in my house she has rights?
I forgot to add that it is during the day when I'm at work but, when I come home I listen and I don't hear anything.

I know you don't hear anything and that is excellent proof.

If she sues you will need all this evidence but it should surely help you a great deal.

Debra, Lawyer
Thank you