I live in Alberta, Canada. I am divorcing my husband as he…

I am Sandy Vanderwolf...

I am Sandy Vanderwolf and I live in Alberta, Canada. I am divorcing my husband as he committed adultery. He also took a twit (Girl) on the back of his bike and they went way up North. Husband's brother and sister and their spouses went with him. AND NO ONE HAD THE GUTS TO TELL ME!!!!! So once we are divorced, can I sue those girls and ex husband? A Civil Suit? I will be needing money to continue to live. I have over 7 pages of all the lies he has told me. But he forgets that I can read him like a book. I have several diseases and one of them is severe major depression. My vows mean a lot to me but I guess my husbands' vows said something completely different.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

If you read above, you will see where I am.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Oh, I filed for divorce quite awhile back. My lawyer said that it will end up getting a divorced anyway. We own 2 quarters of land and one of them is the home quarter where we live. I am going to be 60 years old in May. Is there a monthly pay out to me?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Pearl, that's about it.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/11/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

There seem to be two questions here. One is about suing others who knew about the affair. The other is about spousal support.

Which one would you like for me to answer here?

Not suing those that knew. It's the women he had affair with. Ì would like both questions answered. Can I get spousal support or alimony?

Which one do you want me to answer on this post?

I prefer messaging cause I will be crying.

I am sorry.

OK but I still need to know which of the two questions I should answer on this post. I can only do one per post.

Suing.

This type of lawsuit is called suing for alienation of affection and it has not been possible to sue for this for quite a while in Canada now.

There is nothing you can do against this woman.

Adultery is grounds for divorce and while it is not necessarily to use this ground to get a divorce (you can use a one year separation) it is your right to apply on this ground if you like.

I am sorry this is not the answer you were hoping for.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Debra, Lawyer
Thank you so much.

You are welcome.