I am asking on behalf of my mom. My parents are sperated but…

Customer Question
I am asking on...

I am asking on behalf of my mom . My parents are sperated but living in the same house . He is gonna take her vehicle away on her . Is he allowed to do that before anything has gone to court ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

This is in Manitoba ,Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No she is just in the process of filling the papers for the proper amount of spousal support .

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The vehicle is a 2013

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Whose name is ***** ***** in?

It’s in his name only that’s the downside . He is trying to tell her she has to drive a 2003 van that is unsafe to drive. Can he do his ?

He can prevent her from driving his car as he is the owner.

He cannot make her drive another car of course. But if she cannot afford to get a safe car then she can retain a lawyer to represent her to deal with all the issues and the first thing the lawyer will do work on getting your mother some spousal support.

Does that help clarify what your mom should do?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?