Does a spouse's inheritance pass to his or her surviving…

Customer Question
Does a spouse's inheritance pass...
Does a spouse's inheritance pass to his or her surviving spouse if there was no will?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Canada Law
3/9/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Debra, Lawyer
Is this a legal marriage or a common-law relationship?What province are you in please?Are there any children?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

Thanks this isnt wht i am looking for

I am not sure what you mean.

I am a senior lawyer in Canada and the information I asked is necessary for me to know before answering you.

The law is different in different provinces. Some provinces recognize common law relationships for estate matters and others don't.

Whether a spouse inherits the estate or not also depends on if there are kids.

So if you can tell me this information I can immediately and fully explain the law.