I was recently terminated my from job (without cause) in BC…

Customer Question
Hi, I was recently...

Hi, I was recently terminated my from job (without cause) in BC and only given 2 weeks pay as required by law. However, I believe they have acted in bad faith as there were rumours that the division I worked in was being sold (executives from potential acquiring company were in the office the week I was terminated and I noticed that 2 people from this company viewed my LinkedIn profile 2 days before I was terminated). I feel as though they terminated me prior to potential sale so that they would not have to pay out shares/stock to me and/or severance package they will be offering other employees once sale is final. Or acquiring company did not want to take me on as an employee after acquisition and asked current company to terminate me. Would I have a case against current company and acquiring company for wrongful dismissal? Both are private companies and the sale has not been made public yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

British Columbia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, that is it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Canada Law
3/7/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

How long did you work for them for?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!