I'm in Canada. No just had a question regarding a contract I…

I'm in Canada Lawyer's...

I'm in Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No just had a question regarding a contract I signed with vitality vacations

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It wasn't what we thought it was going to be .... we tried booking a couple vacations and it just there was never any availability .... at this point we are looking to cut our losses and terminate our contract ... thus far all payments are up to date and paid as agreed!

3/7/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this. Where is this company located?

Are you saying they mis-represented what you were going to get?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The website says Collingwood, Ontario .... not looking to recoup any monies already spent, just looking to terminate the contract and cut our losses ... is this possible?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no live phone call can you still help me?

Yes I can for sure.

I am in Ontario.

Is this a contract that is supposed to go on for 40 years or something horrible like that?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
correct ....

Could you prove that they mis-represented what you were getting to entice you to sign and you really just discovered this now?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well might be tough to prove ... we signed for this in late August and tried to use it in November/December .... is this contract iron clad, another side to this is my wife and I don't want it anymore; was too much of a hassle to use, but we always paid as agreed!

I know you don't want it but these contracts are iron clad which is why I am trying to find some grounds for you to get out of it.

You would have to prove undue pressure when signing, that they plied you with alcohol, that they said it was easy to get out of the contract, that they said you can get..... and it is not true.

Those types of factors would give the court grounds to set aside the contract but otherwise I don't believe there is anything you can do.

I wish I had a more optimistic answer for you.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There was no alcohol until after we signed, but it was very high pressure sales ... we had to make a decision on the spot that day ... we had several sales people just grinding away at us!

Why not try this. Have a lawyer in your city send them a harshly worded letter. They letter can talk about their high pressure tactics and their mis-representations and demand they confirm in writing that they agree to set aside the contract and the letter can say that otherwise you are happy to have a court decide.

They may just decide to agree to get rid of you.

Debra, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'll try it .... thanks for all your help.

You are very welcome.

Debra, Lawyer