Our company recently merger with another. The new company…

Customer Question
Our company recently merger...

Our company recently merger with another. The new company was handling the payroll for 6weeks or so then they posted the positions to which we all applied for. We were given an ROE stating the reason

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

We dont have an hr in the old company. And i sent that previous message before i was done .. important to know they stated the reason was the old company went bankrupt.... but that is not so! Even speaking with the old manager/owner, he said that the new company never asked him anything. We are intetested in meeping our accrued hours... are we 'up the creek'?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Fill time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Let me ask all the others (4total effected)

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
Lawyer: DMWEsq,
 replied 5 months ago
DMWEsq

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Ok
We are all hired as a new employees with the new company . Lost all our service years etc
Also on the Roe from old company states that the company was bankrupt which is not true.
Lawyer: DMWEsq,
 replied 5 months ago

Great, thank you! The system may automatically ask you for a phone call; however, it’s not required that you take it. Bear with me a moment while I review…

Lawyer: DMWEsq,
 replied 5 months ago

Thanks for your patience and I'm sorry for the delay. I re-read your scenario, but I'm not sure of your question; is your question whether your sick/vacation time will transfer over now that the company has been acquired?

if that was a merger but we got an roe from old company stating they went bankrupt which is not true
the new company hired us as a new employee
Lawyer: DMWEsq,
 replied 5 months ago

I see what you mean. Ok, so one last question, what state is this?

Alberta. City red deer
Lawyer: DMWEsq,
 replied 5 months ago

I'm so sorry. I see that you are in Canada. This means that I have to opt out of this discussion, alert our moderators, and have them shift you to the Canadian website so a legal expert up north can help. Thanks so much and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Can I cancel this service