We have been evicted from our rental, legaly how do we have…

Hi we have been...

Hi we have been evicted from our rental, legaly how long do we have to remove our property. Landloard has given us three days

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Ontario canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes we supossed to be out end of jan but my work took me away for a month and landload left no means of communication so i could contact her and let her know we weere looking for storage and a place to live

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just want to know what my rights are if any as a tenant

3/6/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear that it sounds like you are in a difficult situation

Is this a residential tenancy?

Are you saying there is an eviction order that says you must be out by January 31?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

because of my work it took me away for a month. Then there was a notice sent from the sherrif we had to be out march 5, igot back from work march 4. So the monday i acquired a storage unit to move things into,the landload gave us 72 hrs to be out.

Given that there is a sheriff involved then there is a binding order and you have to be out when the sheriff says you need to be out unless the landlord gives you more time.

If you don't move your things out the sheriff will remove you and your things unfortunately.

Does that clarify the law even though it is not what you were hoping to hear?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

No thank you!

OK

Then can you please rate me now so that I can receive credit for my work?

Thanks and take good care.

Debra, Lawyer