I have a work issue not with my employer a client I need…

I have a work...

I have a work issue not with my employer a client I need advice how to go forward with the issue thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ontario iam in Brantford

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
nyclawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Sorry, I see you are in canada so need to opt out.

Debra, Lawyer

I am a lawyer in Ontario and happy to help.

Please provide me with your basic facts so that I can answer in a more meaningful way.

Thank

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

Debra, Lawyer
Phone call session started
The CT mom file a complain with CNO which was completely untrue first co I work with this covfor almost 20 years with no issues this person is a chronic lier I work at this position longer than any other nurse just don't want to let her dirty my carrear want to know how to perceed from here the matter his being investigated but the college work for the CT not nurses

Do you know this person's name?

Ann Davies

What you can do is this.

You or a lawyer acting for you can send her a letter by Registered Mail. In the letter set out facts and state that her lies amount to defamation and your reputation is being harmed. Demand that she cease and desist from lying about you and that she provides you with a written retraction at once. Tell her if she fails to comply you will commence legal proceedings and then will be seeking your legal costs as well.

You can then sue her if she doesn't comply. You will get damages and then you will also be able to show your employer and the college that you were exonerated.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

The college have a process they investigate it could take month they claims then they send a copy of what they find and another copy of the first and any other statement they get from the CT and others they said I can get a lawyer to handle the issues from here so all correspondence go to them and I don't speak to only the lawyer I have a copy of the first co letter just don't want to be a scapegoat for this person can I ask about fees for servos if I chose to retain you and I value yr advice and see the wisdom of doing as you advice just wondered if I should wait till the investigation is complete don't want anyone to say iam threatening them to keep quiet but I think I should sue I am doing for others to come it's hard good nurses out here
Were do input the rating iam not so savvy on the web
Also need to know how to contact you if I need to don't see a number here

You contact me by coming back to the site. But, I cannot act for you.

What I really think you should do is retain as lawyer to deal with the college and also have the lawyer send the letter to this horrid woman.

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:

1-***-***-****