I just got let go from my contract position at Toyota in…

I just got let...

I just got let go from my contract position at Toyota in Cambridge I was promised full time last month and with four days until my meeting they fired me After 3 yrs and 8 months and two weeks I was completely blindsided by this The reasons they gave me are not true I had an epileptic seizure at work in December and I believe that I am being discriminated against because of it

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in Ontario Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No this happened to me yesterday

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They contacted me on Friday March 2nd and renewed my contract for 3 more months and on Monday they walked me out of the building

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They gave me the excuse for letting me go as attendance behavior/performance My attendance is among the best in the department. Any time they talked to me about behavior it was corrected immediately and I work in plastics at tmmc We currently have the best DPU (defects per unit) of any department worldwide at Toyota
3/6/2018
DMWEsq

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
go right ahead and review the question

Great, thank you! The system may automatically ask you for a phone call; however, it’s not required that you take it. Bear with me a moment while I review…

I'm so sorry. I see that you are in Canada. This means that I have to opt out of this discussion, alert our moderators, and have them shift you to the Canadian website so a legal expert up north can help. Thanks so much and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
well thank you for noticing that I am Canadian. I look forward to hearing from your Canadian counterpart
Debra, Lawyer

I am a lawyer in Ontario and happy to help.

I am sorry to hear this.

Have you ever received written warnings about your work?

Are they saying you are being dismissed for cause or did they provide you with termination pay and if so for how many weeks or months?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They gave me an HR info sheet that says I will get 4% vacation pay and any other monies owed on my final pay. This Friday. As far as cause I have a letter stating that I am regularly evaluated an my attendance performance and behavior. A recent review indicates that I have not met these expectations. I do not believe this to be true nor do my co workers. I have been in contact with a few of them and they cannot believe that I was let go for these reasons. there are individuals in my department that had far worse attendance than me and they got the job. My performance has never been brought into question and any behavioral issues that were related to me were dealt with and not repeated. I did Have an epileptic episode in December of 2017 and I believe this is the actual reason for my dismissal.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have never gotten a written warning only contract reviews.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I received an e-mail on Friday March 2 renewing my contract for 3 months and on Monday March 5 after working for 3 hours I got walked out. Completely blindsided me. What could have changed over the weekend is beyond me.

I am really saddened to hear this because I believe you are right. I am particularly sensitive to this area as one of my kids has epilepsy.

I suggest that you simply file a complaint with the Human Rights Tribunal without any hesitancy. They are experts in the area of disability and will see through this employer's lies right to his discrminatory conduct. He can be fined and he will be ordered to pay you damages which will go beyond termination pay to compensate you for the harm you are suffering from his discrimatory treatment in your employment.

Here is a link to get you started:

http://www.sjto.gov.on.ca/hrto/contact/

I suggest calling them.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If I choose to launch legal action. What is my next step

Do you mean instead of going through the Human Rights Tribunal?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried using the toll free number but gave up after put on hold for 45 min.

Then email them. Tell them you 've been calling and cannot get through and give them the facts. To sue will take much longer and will cost you money.

Here is their email address:

*****@******.***

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you I will send them the facts as I see them and see what they say.

Please keep me posted.

In the meantime please be sure to rate me now so that I can receive credit for my work. I don't get paid until you rate me. But the post doesn't lock and you can come back if you need me.

Thanks and take good care.

Debra, Lawyer
Debra, Lawyer