I have a court order for financial support retroactive to…

Yes I have a...

Yes I have a court order for financial support retroactive to Jan 1, 2017 but the court order does not mention anything that I have paid for since that time. I am not sure what that means Did my lawyer miss mentioning this Or I need to ask for a motion or what?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the court order was issued in?

In Ontario Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

There was a motion and a response and things where filed including the cheques I have sent so far to my family.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No.. the question is what happens to all payments I have already made that the court order does not mention

3/5/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Let me make sure I have this right. You were in Court and an order was made against you so that you have to pay child support going back to Jan 1, 2017. But the order gives the total amount you owe and that total is missing what you already paid for child support?

What does your lawyer say about this?

I was in the family court and yes there is an order for me to pay a certain monthly amount for child support and spousal support plus 86% of special expenses retroactive back to Jan 1, 2017.The order does not mention any total amount or anything else. Only the monthly payment. I asked the lawyer I never get a satisfactory answerAbdelsalam
I have added a snapshot of the order

Is the mother planning on enforcing this through the FRO?

I have been waiting since Dec 11 and she did not file anything yet. And that's another concern?

Have you asked her if she is willing to give you credit for what you did pay?

I do not think there was a clear communication about this

I don't know your lawyer and only know what you are telling me but I think the lawyer is avoiding answering as the lawyer made a mistake.

So if the mother agrees to give you credit (she will if she is honest) you are OK but if not your lawyer is going to have to return to court (and not charge you) to rectify the situation unless it was the Judge's error in which case the lawyer must return to court but you will have to foot the bill.

Does that help clarify what needs to be done?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Thanks for the feedbackNow I do have records of Cheques I have sent to her lawyer which she has withdrawn from bank and I put a note on these checks saying family support.I also have the receipt of other paid expenses..Not sure how that will help now?Anyway I will check with FRO tomorrow and see their feedback as an SDO was not filled yet.Best regardsAbdelsalam

Proving that you did provide some child support will certainly help.

Debra, Lawyer

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?