I have managed to keep my credit rating and keep a single…

Customer Question
I have managed to...

I have managed to keep my credit rating and keep a single family detached home

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

My husband and I own it as a married couple it is the only asset we have

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

How can I ensure and not alter this asset that he cannot further incumbent me in debt

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He is employed I am self employed which is irrelevant

Submitted: 11 days ago.Category: Canada Law
2/6/2018
Lawyer: keeperumiami,
 replied 11 days ago
keeperumiami

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
Vancouver bc Canada
I will not qualify to be tennants in common.
I have a signed document by both us us and a witness stating we will not be responsible for any additional debt unless it is our own.
All credit card accounts all bank accounts all car loans gone in joint names
Just the house is left and it is in both our names.
I don’t want to sell if we separate or divorce because I will not qualify for another home
He has agreed.
1- I just wonder if I need to do any document to protect myself further
2- if I divorce I am forced to sell
3- if I separate am I forced to sell
All may mean I live in the same house or move and rent out my portion
I do not want to be financially with this person other than the house
I cannot qualify to buy something if I sell it
Customer reply replied 11 days ago
Can you please tell me how much will go on my credit card
I have agreed to $69 now
Lawyer: keeperumiami,
 replied 11 days ago

I will opt-out as I need to refer you to a Canadian lawyer.

You should not be subject to any further charges.

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
Am I subject to the $69 fee ?
Lawyer: keeperumiami,
 replied 11 days ago

Hold on for a new expert.

If you are not satisfied you can obtain a full refund.

Sorry for the mix-up.

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
Thanks someone in Canada is great
Appreciate your honesty
Lawyer: Ulysses101, Lawyer replied 11 days ago
Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Lawyer

Good morning, thank you for the question.

Just to confirm, you're legally married, and you're both on title to the property?

Have you separated but are still under the same roof?

Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor