How do i defend against a claim of substantial indemnity…

Customer Question
How do i defend...

How do i defend against a claim of substantial indemnity basis.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ontario canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

States an abuse of process as i initiated a action with a lawyer, but could not continue do to unable to pay. so i initiated i my own.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Canada Law
2/6/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Please provide me with the basic facts so that I can understand what is going on.

Thanks

Hi Debra; My ex and myself separated in 2002, We raised our 2 children with each of us having primary custody of 1 child. Me my son, her our daughter. In the separation agreement it said I would pay her child support of 500.00 per month. We decided we would manage this ourselves. After 15 years of being separated and both our kids are adults she has filed with the FRO. Claiming back child support. I have supported both my children without fail from conception to adulthood and still continue to do so. I started to fight this with a layer representing me but I can no longer afford representation. I filed on my own and in the paperwork I received it stated a claim of substantial indemnity basis?

Can you please attach the claim?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!