When we immigrated we signed declaration for non

Hi.when we immigrated we...

Hi.when we immigrated we signed declaration for non accompanying child for my husbands kids from first marriage.we couldn’t include them in file because their mother didn’t want to provide documents.now girls 15 and 11 years old and want to live with us..we can’t bring them under sponsorship program because of declaration so would want to try under humanitarian and compassionate section 25.1 ..o you think we have a chance or nothing will help and we cannot bring kids? Their mother doesn’t care if they will leave she married again and left them with neighbors..she will sign everything i need..thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

We have permanent residency

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that’s all

1/22/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

There is virtually no likelihood that you can bring the kids. Even if they were not going to be part of the application they had to be listed. It had nothing to do with what the mother wanted. Your spouse declared he had no kids. So he cannot bring them now.

I am sorry this is not what you were hoping to hear but H and C is not for a case where the PR was dishonest and their kids now want to move to Canada.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

No we did listed them.they are were mentioned in file when we immigrated.embassy sent us paper to exclude kids from the file because kids couldn’t be with us on medical exam..so immigration of canada knows he has two kids in russia

Then that is a different matter and it is possible you can succeed.

Your best next step is to retain an immigration lawyer in your city (not a consultant).

If I know the process and know what forms i need to fill up can i do it myself? And one more question.kid is in russia right now .what is better to apply from outside or to bring her here as a tourist and apply from here?

It is much more complicated than filling out forms this time. You are going to need a lawyer to put your best case forward or you will not win.

It is better to wait and see what your own lawyer says but no it's generally not better to bring a child as a visitor with the intention of her remaining and in fact remaining without legal status.

Ok thank you very much

You are very welcome.

Please be sure to rate me before you leave the site so that I can receive credit for my work.

Thanks and take good care.

Debra, Lawyer