We are a tow company Q. do we have to deal with a customer's…

we are a tow company...
we are a tow company Q. do we have to deal with a customer's Ins co. are we allowed to deal directly with the owner of the vehicle and demand payment from him. reason we do not want to deal with said Ins is because they owe us a claim from June 2017 where they pd the funds into the court and as of yet we have rec. no money. they are the only ins co we have a prob. with. this was a major transport accident on the 401. we were called by the OPP to clear the hwy. now we can't get paid.
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/22/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Who is the person you understood you contracted with?

Before taking the car did you deal with the owner?

Debra, Lawyer
As stated. The vehicle is a Transport. We were called by the OPP. we have no way of knowing who the owner is. We are requested by the OPP to clear the mess and open the highway.
Phone call session started

The owner of the car is liable to you. The insurance company is not. As well, the police are liable to you. They are the ones who hired you.

You would not sue the insurance company if you decide to sue because you cannot get paid. You would sue the owners and the police.

Your answer was incomplete. We refused to deal with the ins co and only with the owner of the truck. The Ins co, then paid some money into the court and we had to release the truck and load. You failed to tell me they could do that.

I have no idea why they would do that. You never indicated to me that they were going to fight your fees. That is the only way they could be doing this.

What did you think "now we can't get paid meant"?

I didn't know they were opposing you specifically. There are many, many reasons why an insurance company doesn't want to cover something.

I thought you would have clued in when I was asking these specific questions that I was having a problem getting paid, as I indicated. Why did you think I was asking these questions?

You aren't listening to what I am telling you. I knew you were having a problem getting paid. But I didn't know your company was the reason you were not getting paid.

If the insurance company is willing to pay the money into court they had a specific problem with your company and not with their client.

Please just ask for a refund so that we can stop.

Ok Please may I have a refund. My worry was this ins co does to every tow co and now to ours. We have a Law Firm in Kingston now who is trying to block them. We will talk longer next time to be sure you understand the prob prior to giving an answer

I don't work for the site so you will have to speak to the site to get a refund.

I cannot afford to work for free so please don't ask to work with me again. I don't work with customers who get refunds for my work.