How can u have a no contact order lifted between me and my…

How can u have...

How can u have a no contact order lifted between me and my daughters father?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I'm actually in Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

There was a domestic assault reported back in July of 2017. I never made a statement but my sister made a statement and the no contact order was placed. I never asked for it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes the accused is incarcerated at this time

1/21/2018
Debra, Lawyer
I am sorry to hear this.Was he convicted of assault or is he awaiting a trial?
I'm pretty sure he was convicted but I'm not 100% sure. He is incarcerated due to an unrelated crime.
The law is that if he was convicted so that the charge has been dealt with one way or the other then you can apply in writing for the no contact order to be lifted. But, if he is awaiting trial then until the charge is dealt with you cannot do this.It would make sense to contact the crown’s office and ask.Does that help as a starting point?Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.
How can I apply? Do I just write a letter or do I need to GI and get forms?
First you need to check with the crown to see what happened.Then you need to send a letter to the crown or to the police. Different jurisdictions deal with it differently which is why you need to ask the crown what to do.The crown will let you know which forms they require.
Debra, Lawyer
Thank you