Is it illegal for my husband to record our fights without me…

Is it illegal for...

Is it illegal for my husband to record our fights without me knowing? He will record secretly and push my buttons to get me to say things I would normally never say. Just to use them against me to get sexual favours

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I’m in Manitoba Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I think that’s it

1/21/2018
Debra, Lawyer
I am sorry to hear this.Is this an audio recording?
Most are audio but there are some video
The law is that anyone can make an audio recording so long as one party to the conversation consents. So when you are speaking to your spouse he is legally permitted to record the conversation.With video recordings generally the law is that the recording is not a lawful if there is a reasonable expectation of privacy. But, if you know that he is recording you then this recording is not unlawful.Does that clarify the law?
Debra, Lawyer
thanks
Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.
One more thing is he aloud to let just anyone else listen to the recording or would he be in the wrong for doing so?

Yes he can do what he wants with the recording.