My mum, myself, and ex all own our house...can mum & I sell…

Customer Question
My mum, myself, and...

My mum, myself, and ex all own our house...can mum & I sell without her permission?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I’m in Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

My lawyer has sent 2 letters to her regarding splitting...she simply will not respond

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We all live together...I’d like to buy her out

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
1/20/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

No that is not possible. It's her house too. There is no way to remove her from the title or even list the house for sale unless she agrees or you get a court order.

If you want to buy her out and she won't agree or respond then you have to bring an application to court and seek an order for the sale of the house.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?