Is it legal for a landlord to come and yell at a renter when…

Customer Question
Is it legal for a...
Is it legal for a landlord to come and yell at a renter when rent is late a couple of days?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Canada Law
1/20/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

The landlord is entitled to receive rent paid on time each and every month. A couple of days late is clear grounds for eviction.

If you pay the rent the landlord could not evict you for non-payment of rent but if you are late a couple of times the landlord can evict you for recurring late payments.

So the landlord is not acting unlawfully for demanding the rent. You are acting unlawfully for not paying it on time.

I know this is not what you want to hear but you have asked for an answer from a lawyer so you deserve an accurate answer.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 months ago

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Debra, Lawyer