My gas co op in Alberta has just informed me about an

My gas co op...

My gas co op in Alberta has just informed me about an invoicing error. A new gas meter was installed in Sept 2014 and was not set properly. They discovered that I was underbilled for my natural gas. Are there any limitations on how far back they can reinvoice me?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an Alberta lawyer about this?

Not yet. just found out today

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Just meet with them today and saw the paperwork.

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/18/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

The law is that they have to sue you within two years of discovering the claim or within two years from the time they could have discovered the claim.

So you can try and argue that they should have discovered the error and cannot go back more than two years.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

it does. Thanks

You are very welcome.

Please be sure to rate me before you leave the site so that I can receive credit for my work.

Thanks and take good care.

Debra, Lawyer