I am in British Columbia, Canada. Tell me, are you in

Customer Question
Hello, my name is*****...

Hello, my name is*****: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in British Columbia, Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Please tell me, are you in British Columbia?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My father, who remarried in the 1980's recently passed away. I am the 2nd of three children from his first marriage. In his second marriage, he has a daughter. My father passed away in November 2017. I do not know if my father had a will, but I am very sure that he had one. My basic question is the following: Am I entitled to inherit under BC law? Does my father's second wife have an obligation to disclose the contents of my father's will to the children of his first marriage (in a timely manner, or at all? In addition, a friend whose parents appointed him as a trustee of their will told me that in BC, the spouse receives 65 % of the estate, and that the remaining children are accorded the remaining 35% to be divided up evenly between them. Can you please speak to these questions?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/18/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Do you know if your father had any assets in his name alone?

Have you been sent a Notice of Application for Probate or any other legal documents at all?

Are you a lawyer/legal assistant in BC,Canada?
Frist I want you to answer my question about your qualifications, otherwise I will hang up, and not make any further payment. I want to be assured as to who you are, and what your qualifications are. I want a record of our conversation, and so I prefer to conduct this information through text. I am new to this process, and I my suspicions are raised if you cannot provide direct answers to some basic questions

I am not sure why you are being this rude. I am a senior lawyer in Canada.

I send you some questions that I require you to answer to give you an answer in a meaningful way. You have not replied.

Here they are again. If you want to go ahead please answer them if not let me know as I have other customers waiting for my help.

I am sorry to hear this. Do you know if your father had any assets in his name alone? Have you been sent a Notice of Application for Probate or any other legal documents at all?
Would you be so kind, dear madam, to provide me with an assurance as to your academic qualifications and experience which may indicate to me whether you have the necessary skills needed to address this issue. You may have misinterpreted my directness as rudeness, but if so, then please accept my humble apologies.
In addition, I would like to know your first and last name, as you know mine, which I have indicated in my application here. I have no knowledge whatsoever of any details concerning my father's estate, as my father's wife and her daughter have always left me out in the cold regarding any business of this kind. It is most likely that a will exists, and that the necessary applications have been filed. If my situation does not interest you, then please let me know, and I will discontinue this process, as you may have other clients waiting, I can assure you that at this point, I do not feel I am getting any value from our conversation, but I am willing to persevere for just a little while longer.

I graduated from law school in 1983. I was called to the bar in 1985. If you check my profile you will see my credentials and qualifications are confirmed by a third party company that the site uses. I have been working on the site for 9 1/2 years.

I do not provide my last name for safety concerns for the most part.

Your questions are very basic for a lawyer and if you want me to answer I can explain the law easily and thoroughly for you. What you were told is not correct.

ok. Where can I click to see your profile?
I regret that this is insufficient information and that your response time is straining my patience. The value I have received thus far is insufficient. My good faith fee is adequate in establishing that this process of communicating with a lawyer in this highly inefficient manner is unsatisfactory. Your anonymity may be a part of this agreement, but I am not in favour of it, and doubt that your services can be helpful to me. With all respect I bid you adieu.
Zeit ist Geld.

That is true and it is my time that has been wasted. I could have in much less time than I spent going up and back set out the law in a few simple paragraphs. Had you read them it would have been clear, crystal clear in fact, that I am a lawyer.

The information in your first post is not at all correct so you had better consult with a lawyer in your city.

Do not refer me to another lawyer. I will not require services from your company any longer, nor do I deem myself responsible for anyfurther fees of any kind. Should you insist, I will make an application through your agency to request a refund of my $5.00. Thank you.
Do not refer me to another lawyer. I will not require services from your company any longer, nor do I deem myself responsible for anyfurther fees of any kind. Should you insist, I will make an application through your agency to request a refund of my $5.00. Thank you.Do not refer me to another lawyer. I will not require services from your company any longer, nor do I deem myself responsible for anyfurther fees of any kind. Should you insist, I will make an application through your agency to request a refund of my $5.00. Thank you very much.