I live in Ontario, Canada. I am wondering if I can retain…

I live in Ontario, Canada...
I live in Ontario, Canada. I am wondering if I can retain two lawyers at the same time, ie, from two different law firms.
1/18/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Are you asking about retaining them both for the same case?

it would be for the same case,

It is lawful to do this. That means there is no law against it.

But you will need to get the consent of both of the lawyers.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

With respect to consent, would that apply only if I signed agreements with both? So far, I am just consulting with both...

You can consult with whom you want and there is no concern except that one lawyer may get angry you are not trusting them.

But you cannot expect them to work together unless they are willing to do so and if not one or both will fire you.

Yikes! Thanks for the info.

You are very welcome.

Please be sure to rate me before you leave the site so that I can receive credit for my work.

Debra, Lawyer