I'm wondering how to get an alias. I don't want my real name…

Customer Question
I'm wondering how to...

I'm wondering how to get an alias. I don't want my real name to be seen as director of a registered corporation.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Canada ontario

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I work for municipal government. People are searching my name and discovering info about my personal ventures. I have a small registered corporation for a small business. I want to close it and start over with another name. I have to use my real name for the municipality.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

So I'm wondering about a legal alias that can be used for starting a new corporation.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
1/18/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Ok thank u

You cannot use an alias. You must use your legal name for any legal documentation or legal purposes.

If you are a director it is vital you use your legal name for many different legal reasons that is to protect the public, employees of the corporation if any etc.

I am sorry this is not the answer you were hoping for.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?