Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I'm wondering how to get an alias. I don't want my real name

Customer Question

I'm wondering how to get an alias. I don't want my real name to be seen as director of a registered corporation.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Canada ontario
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I work for municipal government. People are searching my name and discovering info about my personal ventures. I have a small registered corporation for a small business. I want to close it and start over with another name. I have to use my real name for the municipality.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: So I'm wondering about a legal alias that can be used for starting a new corporation.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thank u
Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

You cannot use an alias. You must use your legal name for any legal documentation or legal purposes.

If you are a director it is vital you use your legal name for many different legal reasons that is to protect the public, employees of the corporation if any etc.

I am sorry this is not the answer you were hoping for.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Expert:  Debra replied 9 months ago.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?