I have a question about buyers remorse with a contract that…

I have a question...

I have a question about buyers remorse with a contract that doesn’t have any wording regarding cancellation

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Alberta

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I’ve told them I’d like to cancel

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There were some things promised that are not in the contract and I asked for clarification and he said he’d send me an email recapping the offer but the offer closed today... he did send the email but I want out

1/18/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

What is the contract for?

It’s with careerbuilder contract for job postings
I’m a recruiter

How you were misrepresented?

I felt presssure to close the big deal

How did they pressure you?

Did they misrepresent the deal to you?

I don’t think intentionally
He’s now wanting to talk and reduce the fees and I just want out
There were a lot of missed calls and he left out features on the contract and I had to ask for a copy of the contract and his latest email he made reference to another feature that wasn’t on the table and now it is and it’s not sitting well

Unfortunately, the law does not allow for buyer's remorse. There is no cooling offer period.

The only way a contract can be terminated is if it allows for cancellations.s

Sometimes a court will set aside a contract if there was material misrepresentation but it doesn't sound like there was.

On the very odd occasion a court may also set aside a contract for undue pressure but you would have to prove that.

I am sorry this is not what you were hoping to hear.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

I thought Canada had buyers remorse

That is not correct. Certain specific contracts have a 10 day cooling off period in some provinces. This contract does not have a cooling off period.

They have agreed to waive the cancellation fee if I’m unhappy after 12 months
Thanks for your help

Make sure you get that in writing.

You are very welcome.

Please be sure to rate me before you leave the site so that I can receive credit for my work.

Debra, Lawyer

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Debra, Lawyer