I took out a personal loan with cosignor the documents I…

Customer Question
I took out a...

I took out a personal loan with cosignor the documents I signed at my lawyers office for a loan of $108,000.00

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Manitoba canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No here is the rest of story after the lawyer we went to the bank just before closing and the bank added $4.210.70 tocmhc

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What I need if this was proper procedure why the bank added the cmhc funds and I never saw any paperwork

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
1/18/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Did you ask the lawyer why this happened?

Did you sign anything with CMHC?

No i haven't seen the lawyer yet

Do you owe CMHC money?

No never seen any paperwork
I didn't know you are in the US I am better off going to a Canadian firm thank you

I am a senior lawyer in Canada.

Have you owed CMHC money from the past?

No this add on was put on my loan at last minute the only documentary I have is money order sent by the bank made out to cmhc and a number 41953213

Is this a loan for a house?

A mobile home in a park this was supposed to be a personal loan with a co signor no mention of any other security needed

Did the cosignor go through CMHC?

No
I probably will go to the lawyer we used I thought I may get a quick answer by contacting you. We are on small pension and cannot afford to spend any more $

You aren't being asked for more money unless you want a call. There is no charging for going up and back.

I think you should ask the lawyer as I cannot guess what is happening here.

Ok I will see the lawyer here
Thank you for your help
Fern Bourcier

You are very welcome.