I'm from Canada... Iwonder if you can help me with a claim…

Hi! I'm from Canada.....

Hi! I'm from Canada... Iwonder if you can help me with a claim against Expedia that happend in Mexico

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ontario

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I had an incident report and that's it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I booked the whole trip through Expedia and bought a excrusion throug Expedia as well and had an accident there

1/17/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am a lawyer in Ontario and not in Mexico. There are no lawyers in Mexico here.

But if you are saying you booked your trip while in Canada I can try to explain the law as much as possible as it relates to Canada.

I booked a vacation through Expedia in Canada and bought a excursion from Expedia rep in hotel lobby in Mexico
the second activity was zip lining but they attached me to wrong cables and smashed me to trees

That is horrible but if Expedia is just the booking agent you will not be able to sue them successfully. They do not warrant the safety of the programs or the quality. If you look at the wording on their website or the contract you signed you will see this clearly.

You could sue them if they did something negligent on their end but that is not what happened.

So you have to sue the zip lining company that made the mistake. If they are in Mexico it's not going to be simple and for that reason perhaps your best next step would be to have a lawyer here send them a letter threatening a lawsuit. They will have insurance and it may be that they will pass this off to their insurers and you will get an offer to settle shortly.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Thank you Debra! Would you please refer me to a lawyer or at least let me know what my case called so I can find a related lawyer ... It's been less than 2 years that I came to Canada so I don't know much about Canada Law

That is horrifying.

You should retain a personal injury lawyer in your city to threaten to sue them.

You can use our law society's lawyer referral service.

https://lsrs.lsuc.on.ca/lsrs/

Debra, Lawyer
Thanks a lot Debra

You are very welcome.