In the province of Quebec Canada in the liquidation of an…

In the province...

In the province of Quebec Canada in the liquidation of an estate if a liquidator hires a notary does liquidator have to constantly contact the other ear or ears to keep them updated or can the liquidator expect the other ears to contact the notary Who has all the information.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Province of Quebec Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes I'm liquidator I do live in Miami my father lived in Quebec north of Montreal my brother the other Air lives in Montreal I hired a notary when my father died September 2016 the finalizing of the estate is still pending but the notary has all the information that my brother wants but my brother is threatening me with a court order for this information. The notary was on vacation for Christmas and New Year's and has been very busy since he got back last Monday he will be getting back with me as soon as she can but in the meantime my brother continues to threaten me The notary was on vacation for Christmas and New Year's and has been very busy since he got back last Monday he will be getting back with me as soon as she can but in the meantime my brother continues to threaten me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I sent my brother and email again with the notaries information email and phone number my brother emailed the notary but refuses to call him my question is what are my legal rights

1/16/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

If you are in charge and you are paying a notary in Quebec you can instruct the notary to speak to the heirs on your behalf and you can also tell the heirs that all communications must go through the notary.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My brother said that laws in Quebec state that I must keep him constantly updated with all information. That's the Quebec law he keeps saying. I told him to call the notary. He just emailed him. My brother is threatening me , that if by the end of the week he going to get a lawyer. And the estate with no property to sale should have been finalized already. My brother was dismissed from his job many years ago because of taking money illegally from customers. He was a sales rep. Our dad distrusted him immensely.

You don't have to keep him constantly update in fact in most cases an annual report is enough and if the notary is responding to him he has no right to complain.

Tell your brother to do what he wants and that given he is threatening he may no longer communicate with you directly.

Debra, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Here is a kinder letter from my brother.
Hi SisWell, I did ask Mr. Page and also you a week ago yet no answers came.Doreen, I am just looking for answers as to when the documents have been sent to the Quebec government.As a residual heir to dad's estate it is my legal right to ask these questions to the liquidator which is you.Note: I have been strongly advised many times by friends to bring in a lawyer many times and go to court to get these questions answered from the liquidator.However, If I do that the cost will be personally yours, not the estates, and I really do not want to do this as I am sure that dad did not want to put you in this situation.Again, I do not understand your refusing to communicate to your brother information surrounding the settling of dad's estate.Almost 16 months are going by and there are no definitive answers are coming so now I am getting very concerned as to why.So1. When were the documents forwarded to the Quebec Governmentand2. How are the funds investedI give you another week to answer the questions and then might reach out to a lawyer.Best regardsBill
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you
Anything written legally in the internet to shut him up.
Anyways, where on the reviews "stars" ?
I've been waiting 1 1/2 weeks for the notary to call me. I've tried twice to call him. And I've sent him every email that my brother has sent me with all his accusations. Accusations
Debra, Lawyer