I tried to help a friend out and insured some vehicles. I…

I tried to help...

I tried to help a friend out and insured some vehicles. I was not the principal driver. Needless to say, there were accidents and the claims have come in on my insurance. Is there a way for me to get this money from those people who had the accidents? Two of the accidents were caused by someone who I didn't give permission to drive the vehicle.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

This is in Vancouver BC. It was a 2011 Ford Transit

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

All of the claims have been processed

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Other than the fact that this "friend" who I tried to help owes me a lot of money. Thank you!

1/16/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Who gave them permission to drive the car? Your "friend'?

It was a business venture that failed.
are you asking if you can sue the drivers who are authorized to drive by your friend?
I am wondering what my options are, if I am able to sue both drivers?
I don’t see how you could possibly sue those drivers successfully.You do not have any agreement with them. Your friend allowed them to drive. If anyone is liable to you it would be your friend. So you would have to sue your friend and then your friend would join them into the lawsuit.Do you see what I mean?
That’s what I thought. Thank you
You’re very welcome.Please be sure to rate me before you leave the site so that I can receive credit for my work.Thanks and take good care.
Debra, Lawyer
Debra, Lawyer